Internship Program at the Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the United Nations and other International Organisations
1. The Permanent Mission of Pakistan offers internship positions for undergraduates and graduate students enrolled in Colleges and Universities as well as for fresh out University graduates still exploring career options.
Round the Year Internships
2. The internship positions are also available on voluntary basis and without remuneration for fresh out of school graduates from Colleges/Universities seeking work experience before formally starting a career. The internship program is a year round rolling recruitment process. Most interns come into the Mission while continuing their University studies. Eligible candidates can join in at any given month including the summer vacations. We are particularly interested in candidates with academic qualifications in disciplines relating specifically to the international relations, political science, human rights and legal issues.
The interns work within the following areas of expertise
3. The interns will assist the Mission in several areas of importance related to the United Nations and other International Organisations – research and report writing on various issues will be required. The assignments include: Economic and Political Affairs; Media and Communications; History of Issues, educational outreach with Universities and Schools.
4. We are looking for individuals with the following background:-
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership abilities.
- Maturity and ability of work independently.
- An interest in pursuing a career in international affairs and organisations, diplomacy, politics and law.
5. Internship positions are best suited for applicants with interest in the following fields
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Affairs
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Trade and Development
- Environmental protection and climate change
- Labour issues
- Arms control
How to apply
6.If you are interested in doing an internship with us and have an enriching experience, please fill in and send us the following application form, along with a covering note and required documents, at email@example.com