Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the United Nations
Right of Reply – Agenda Item-9
42nd Session of the Human Rights Council
24 September 2019
We are making this right of reply in response to India’s Right of Reply.
- India has again resorted to the usual baseless polemic against Pakistan. We wish to present following undeniable facts:
- First,Jammu and Kashmir was, and still is an internationally recognized dispute,whose final disposition will be decided in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions.
- Second, the two OHCHR Kashmir reports, Special Procedures communications and press releases, civil society and media reports have exposed India’s true face to the world; a face tarred with the blood of Kashmiris.
- Third, the key driver ofunrest in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmirremains India’s illegal occupation as well as its repression and brutalities. Like all other colonizers,India labels the legitimate struggle of the people under occupation, as terrorism. Would India call 19 months old Hiba Jan, 10-year-old Asif Sheikh and 16-year-old Asrar Khan, terrorists. Why did India blind them with pellets? Why has India laid siege for the 51st day to Jammu and Kashmir? What happened on 5th August is nothing but a land grab. Indian leaders have said in the past that Pakistan can take the Kashmiris and India will keep the land.
- Fourth,the use of state sponsored terrorism by India to subvert its neighbours is an established fact. The list is long. The arrest of Serving Indian Navy Officer Kulbushan Yadev in Pakistan and his confessions provide a clear illustration of its policies of sponsoring terrorism. Not only does India sponsor terrorism in its neighbouring countries, but it also inflicts it upon its own people. Has the world forgotten the Sikh genocide of 1984, the massacre of Muslims in Gujarat in 2004, and the very recent incarceration of 1.9 million people in Assam?
- Fifth,in today’s India, killing minorities and inciting hatred against them is a badge of honour for those aspiring for a political office.Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister is one such example. The world is witnessing horrific consequences of extremism and rank communalism, preached and practiced by the neo-fascist ruling party in India.
- There is one final undeniable fact. No amount of violence, no amount of brutality, no amount of repression can crush a people’s desire for self-determination, – for freedom. This is a fact that Indiais confronted with, every day in Kashmir.
- All these details of gruesome human rights violations by India are open wounds on the collective conscience of the international community, who must act to stop India, and to protect the vulnerable.
I thank you.