We are making this right of reply in response to India’s Right of Reply.
- India’s obfuscation of facts and propagation of disinformation never fails to bemuse. The nexus between Indian Security agencies, Hindutwa politicians and the state controlled media, spread fake news and disinformation to achieve parochial objectives. They mislead their citizens, polarize their society on communal grounds, marginalize the minorities, and promote a brand of nationalism inspired by fascist order. By spreading lies yet again at the Council, India has proved itself to be the ‘Disinformation News Agency’ of the world.
- Jammu and Kashmir is not an Indian State, but a disputed territory, whose final disposition is to be decided through a UN supervised plebiscite, as mandated by numerous UN Security Council resolutions and also corroborated by the OHCHR Kashmir Report. Any unilateral pronouncement cannot alter this reality.
- India again mislead the Council by misquoting the UN Security Council resolutions. Absolute demilitarization was never a precondition for holding plebiscite in Jammu and Kashmir as per UN Security Council resolutions.
- India acts like other usurpers and colonizers throughout history, by labelling the legitimate struggle of the people against occupation as terrorism instigated from somewhere else. India’s fairytale of unrest in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir being fuelled from across the border, falls short of any logic keeping in view the fact that that Line of Control is fenced with barbed electric wires. Does India contemplate that more than 7,00,000 Indian military stationed in IoK, is fully incompetent to stop cross border movements? Can India tell the Council why funeral of each “so called” young terrorist is attended by thousands in Jammu and Kashmir. Was 19 month old Heeba Jan and 10 year old Asif Ahmed Sheikh terrorists that Indians fired pellet guns on them?
- India might be using definition of state sponsored terrorism very different from the rest of the world. In South Asia, India has always used terrorism as a mean to subvert its smaller neighbours. Whether it is the terrorist network of Kulbushan Yadev or the RSS breeding grounds of terrorism in India, it has been harbouring and sponsoring terrorism in the region and beyond.
- The OHCHR report has already duly documented details of Indian barbaric repression in IoK and the world has recognized it. We are amazed at the frequency of use of term quote “does not have a locus standi”unquote by India against anyone who questions its human rights record. India even attacked the ex-High Commissioner and the OHCHR for highlighting gross human rights violations in Indian Occupied Kashmir. Much as India may attempt, credibility cannot be gained by discrediting the truth but instead facing the reality and doing course correction i.e. Stop human rights abuses in IOK and grant Kashmiris right to self-determination.