We are making this right of reply in response to India’s Right of Reply.
- We are amazed at the audacity of the Indian delegation to give sermon on the protection of minorities while persecuting them domestically and flouting its international human rights obligations. Unlike India whose attacks on Pakistan are based on concocted lies and a ploy to divert attention from its gross human rights violations, we shall present facts in front of the Council.
- The fact is that today’s India is neo-apartheid State on lines of caste and religion. Politician of the ruling BJP party who openly advocates religious hatred and tell followers to rape dead Muslim women, is serving as Chief Minister of the largest Indian state. He is the real face of Indian sham democracy.
- The fact is that public lynching of Muslims and Christian minorities at hands of cow protecting Hindu zealots is a regular occurrence and Churches and mosques are being burnt to the ground. IndiaSpend, an agency of record noted 31 total incidents of cow vigilantism in 2018 and 43 incidents and 108 victims in 2017 alone. While Muslims constituted majority of the victims, Christians and Dalits were also targeted and killed.
- The fact is that there are active freedom movements in more than 13 states of India in full swing due to heavy handedness of Indian security forces.
- The fact is that India leads the world in internet blockades to suppress freedom of expression and around half of these blockades are there in Indian Occupied Kashmir.
- The fact is that victims never get justice in India. The victims of Sikh massacre of 1984 are still awaiting justice from Courts in India. The perpetrators of Samjhota Express bomb blast have been released by Indian Supreme Court. Babubanjrangi who admitted to mass killing of Muslims and rape of women during Gujrat massacre has also been released. We are witnessing an unholy alliance of Indian judiciary and hindutva order.
- Being a country with quarter of world’s poor population, we would urge India to focus on improving the condition of its people than supporting terrorism and extremism within and beyond.