We are exercising this right of reply in response to India’s right of reply.
- India’s uncalled for attack on Pakistan, is a part of its diversionary tactics of resorting to baseless polemic and provocative rhetoric against Pakistan. India’s so-called dossiers have always been fabrication of lies that cannot stand a day in any Court of Law. We could have responded to India’s disinformation campaign but being a responsible State, we would focus on a human rights situation of grave concern for the Council i.e. Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir
- Let me start by categorically rejecting India’s wishful thinking that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India. Kashmir is a disputed territory according to UN Security Council resolutions and Kashmiris were promised right to self determination even by India’s forefathers. Nothing can change this reality.
- India acts like other usurpers and colonizers throughout history, by labelling the legitimate struggle of the people against occupation as terrorism instigated from somewhere else. India’s fairytale of unrest in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir being fuelled from across the border, falls short of any logic keeping in view the fact that that Line of Control is fenced with barbed electric wires. Does India contemplate that more than 7,00,000 Indian military stationed in IoK, is fully incompetent to stop cross border movements? Was 19 month old Heeba Jan a terrorist that Indians fired pellet guns on her?
- The OHCHR report has already duly documented details of Indian barbaric repression in IoK and the world has recognized it. The OHCHR is not malicious or biased towards India.
- India is a sham democracy. Just yesterday, a senior leader of the ruling party publically said that aggression against Pakistan will win them 30 more seats in the upcoming elections. It terrorizes its own people including Sikhs, Christians, Dalits and Adhevasis in more than 13 states. The victims of Sikh massacre of 1984 are still awaiting justice from Courts in India, where these cases have been filed.
- If the representative of India continues with recycling of its self-serving falsehoods to malign Pakistan as knee-jerk reaction to globally acknowledged human rights violations in Kashmir, we can and we will expose their double-faced sophistry.
I thank you.