We are making this right of reply in response to India’s right of reply.
- India’s obfuscation of facts and propagation of disinformation never fails to amuse us. A recent report by a reputable organization has found that India has more fake and internet hoaxes than anywhere else in the world which has had murderous consequences in India. More than 40 people were killed in India last year amid a plague of smart phone-fuelled mob murders by ordinary citizens. The unholy nexus between Indian Security agencies, Hindutwa government and the Indian controlled media spreading fake news and disinformation to achieve petty electoral and other objectives has resulted in misleading their citizens, polarization of their society on communal grounds, marginalization of minorities, spread of hindu extremism and narrow nationalism. India is the ‘Disinformation News Agency’ of the world.
- The epidemic of fake news in India has not spared the delegation here, as they continue to mislead the Council. The current Indian government’s every claim post Pulwama incident starting from blaming Pakistan for the attack by an indigenous Kashmiri youth in Pulwama to its illegal aggression based on well-thought out disinformation campaign. Each fabricated fairytale of India has been exposed by International media groups and independent experts.
- The real root causes of unrest in Kashmir and 13 other Indian States include atrocities against minorities and marginalized segments in India, heavy handedness of its security agencies and impunity enjoyed by them for their gross human rights abuses including rape, extra-judicial killings, torture etc.
- Indian Representative remarks regarding minorities in Pakistan are void of any truth and reality. In Pakistan of today, a sitting Minister is forced to resign for distasteful remarks against Hindu community. On the contrary in India, a parliamentarian is made Minister for supporting rape of minor girl Asifa Bano in a Hindu temple in Jammu. Killing Muslims for carrying beef and killing Christians for preaching our merits for aspiring political office in India.
- We can only hope that sanity prevails in India and they see reports from OHCHR, Amnesty International, Physician without borders, UK’s All Parliamentary Group on Kashmir (APPKG). Recently the EU’s Human Rights Parliamentary Committee hearing also corroborated the OHCHR Kashmir Report.