Statement by Dr. Shireen M. Mazari, Minister for Human Rights, Pakistan at the High-Level Segment of the 43rd Session of the Human Rights Council- (25 February 2020, Geneva)
We are making this right of reply in response to India’s statement.
- India’s malicious rhetoric against Pakistan is in the same vain as Indian deplorable attacks on the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights as well the ex-High Commissioner himself after the publication of OHCHR Kashmir Report. India cannot hide behind its concocting lies of cross border terrorism to justify the violence in Indian Occupied Kashmir which is the result of decades of suppression and atrocities. The OHCHR Kashmir Report has already exposed the real face of world’s biggest dysfunctional sham democracy.
- Jammu and Kashmir is not an Indian State, but a disputed territory, whose final disposition is to be decided through a UN supervised plebiscite, as mandated by numerous UN Security Council resolutions and also corroborated by the recently published OHCHR Kashmir Report. India can do wishful thinking but this reality will not change.
- India might be using definition of state sponsored terrorism very different from the rest of the world. In South Asia, India has always used terrorism as a mean to subvert its smaller neighbours. This has been chronicled in memoirs of its former officials and diplomats. India has the distinction of creating and nurturing a lethal terrorist organization that went to acquire naval power. The violence perpetrated by this terrorist organization eventually led to tragic assassination of its former Prime Minister Mr. Rajiv Gandhi. Case in point is arrest in Pakistan of serving Indian naval Commander Kulbashan Yadev with fake official passport who confessed to creating and operating terrorist networks to undertake targeted killings of religious minorities to provoke sectarianism. In the report titled, “Structures of Violence”, a Major General, 7 Brigadiers, 31 Colonels, 115 Majors and 40 Captains were included in list of more than 1000 alleged perpetrators of human rights abuses including massacres, rapes and torture. This represents a pattern of impunity enjoyed by mass killers of ethnic riots like Anti Sikh riots in India in 1984 and Gujrat Muslim massacre of 2002. According to the report by Asian Watch and Physicians for Humans Rights: Rape is used as a means of targeting women by the Indian security forces in an attempt to punish and humiliate the entire community. India has blood of innocents of the whole region on its hands making India as the Headquarters of State sponsored terrorism.
- The Indian delegation would do well to reflect on the deeply troubling trajectory their state is embarked upon rather than indulging in patent falsehoods about Pakistan. For the edifice of fascism is in an advanced stage of construction in India. The Hindutva order of the ruling party has created an atmosphere of fear for minorities including Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and Adivasis.
- Pakistan doesn’t want to be caught up in a war of words. India must give peace a chance and right to self determination to the people of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.