We are making this right of reply in response to India’s right of reply.
- India – the ‘Disinformation News Agency of the world’ continues to peddle the most absurd arguments in an effort to distract attention from their reprehensible human rights record. Lets take their arguments one by one.
- First, India maligns Pakistan for anything and everything under the sun as knee jerk response. India uses the same rhetoric that is used by occupying forces throughout the history i.e ignoring the facts and claiming the just resistance of people as terrorism being instigated externally. Children blinded by pellet guns by Indian security forces were not terrorists. They ignore the fact that unremitting, persistent state repression has led to the situation in IOK. IOK has no government for nearly a year, not even India’s puppets installed in Srinagar.
- Second, the Indian delegation has twisted facts by claiming Jammu and Kashmir to be its integral part and the matter as internal. Kashmir is an internationally recognized dispute according to UN Security Council resolutions that ask for a free and fair plebiscite held in Jammu & Kashmir- a decision accepted by Indian leaders like Mr. Nehru. India acting as ‘Disinformation Agency of the world’ yet again tried to spread false information by referring to UN Security Council resolutions as time bound. These resolutions are not time bound and we urge the Indian delegation to read the text of these resolution before making such absurd claims.
- Third, India’s narrative against Pakistan on account of alleged “cross border terrorism” remains self-serving and motivated by a deliberate design to project the legitimate indigenous Kashmiri struggle for self-determination in Indian Occupied Kashmir as “terrorism”. Pakistan itself is a victim of terrorism and suffered immensely in last 4 decades. Part of this terrorism has emanated from entities supported by India. The sacrifices of our people and security forces in the fight against terrorism are well know and acknowledged by the broader international community.
- Kashmir is the unfinished business of decolonization and therefore even the narrow definition of self determination as stated by Indian delegation applies.
- Real democracies do not blind children with pellet guns. They do not rape women as part of State policy of repression. They do not give impunity to their armed forces as enjoyed by India security forces in Kashmir and other regions. They do not orchestrate genocides of minorities as done in anti-Sikh riots of 1984 and Muslim Gujrat killings of 2002. Even Supreme Court of India is powerless against Indian security agencies as reported by the OHCHR in the case of Uttar Pradesh extra-judicial killings.
- India should introspect and do course correction of its dangerous trajectory and discourse rather than hurling unfounded allegations and proving itself as the “Disinformation Agency of the world”.