We are making this right of reply in response to the Right of Reply made by India.
- We are amazed at the Indian delegation’s persistence of fudging the facts and telling outright lies. Rather than answering to the concerns raised by the OHCHR in its Kashmir Report, India again resorted to its diversionary tactics. Pakistan like always has engaged constructively with the UN mechanisms and its Working Groups highlighting issues of concern for the international community raised by the OHCHR in its report and by the previous as well as the current High Commissioner. We again reiterate that the issue of huge number of enforced disappearances in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir is alarming which needs to be investigated by the respective Working Group.
- Whilst we do not adhere to the policy of naming and shaming which is followed by India, we want to highlight that the horrific and barbaric atrocities in Kashmir are not isolated incidents, but they represent Indian mindset of systematic disregard for human life, human values, human rights and most importantly human dignity.
- The Special Rapporteurs on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executionsand on the situation of human rights defenders recently raised their grave concerns on cases of more than 1500 people who were extra-judiciously killed in the State of Manipur, India and the families and lawyers harassed and shot at.
- There are strong freedom movements in around 12 Indian states including Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Indian Punjab, Tripura, Chhatishgarh, and Jharkhaland. We can well imagine the reasons.
- Pakistan will not be deterred by India’s intimidatory and provocative rhetoric. We will keep raising India’s crimes and human rights abuses in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir to appeal to the collective conscience of this Council.
- Pakistan has always stood up for the oppressed and suppressed people of the world. It’s time that we, the United Nations should join our voices to stop the Indian persecution of innocent Kashmiris who are paying the price for freedom with their blood.