We are making this right of reply in response to the Right of Reply made by India.
- Rather than answering to the concerns raised by the OHCHR in its Kashmir Report, India again resorted to its diversionary tactics of fudging the facts and telling outright lies.
- India’s first set of lies is about cross border terrorism. In South Asia, India has always used terrorism as a mean to subvert its smaller neighbours. This has been chronicled in memoirs of its former officials and diplomats. India has the distinction of creating and nurturing the most lethal terrorist organization that went to acquire naval power. The violence perpetrated by this terrorist organization eventually led to tragic assassination of its former Prime Minister Mr. Rajiv Gandhi. This practice of harbouring terrorists against neighbours still continues. Case in point is arrest in Pakistan of serving Indian naval Commander Kulbashan Yadev with fake official passport who confessed to creating and operating terrorist networks to undertake targeted killings of religious minorities to provoke sectarianism.
- The second set of lies is about India’s claim of espousing secular values and religious freedom. Unlike Pakistan where extremists fringe is effectively isolated from electoral politics and societal fibre, India has distinction of being run by a political party, BJP which is the product of the militant, hate driven ideological parent known as Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). A number of churches have been vandalized. Yogi Adityanath, the current Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh claimed that Mother Teresa wanted to Christianise India and gave sermon to rape dead Muslim women. Eating and carrying beef is a capital crime in today’s India resulting in public lynching of more than 60 people recently.
- It is due to the exclusivist and exploitative policies of the central government and military targeting of the marginalized communities that serious centrifugal movements against the Central government are there in many States of India including including Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Indian Punjab, Tripura, Chhatishgarh, and Jharkhaland.
- According to the report by Asian Watch and Physicians for Humans: Rape is used as a means of targeting women by the Indian security forces in an attempt to punish and humiliate the entire community. As per figures of the India’s National Crime Records Bureau, more than 35,000 incidents of rape had occurred just in three years in India and almost 93 rapes were committed in the country each day. India is a country where no woman is safe due to their own disgraceful policies against women.
- In the report titled, “Structures of Violence”, a Major General, seven Brigadiers, 31 Colonels, four Lt Colonels, 115 Majors and 40 Captains were included in list of more than 1000 alleged perpetrators of human rights abuses including massacres, rapes and torture.
- India’s claim of Jammu and Kashmir to be integral part of India has no moral, legal and political basis. The blood of innocents is on India’s hands. The Council must ask India about its crimes against humanity in Jammu and Kashmir. India wants to hide these crimes and therefore rejecting the OHCHR report on Kashmir and creating a smoke screen of malicious rhetoric against Pakistan.
I thankyou Mr. President.